So…. I am reluctantly writing this response… 🙁 Why you ask…. Well the category this post falls under is Healthier eating healthier me. BUT the sad reality is I have not been eating healthier over the past 2 weeks, and so I am writing this blog entry feeling disappointed in myself!!
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT the race is not over… as the scripture says it so well; the race is NOT for the swift or for the strong… BUT TO THE ONE WHO ENDURES!!! And this post is really about ENDURING…. even when you feel disappointed in yourself, there is still hope… AS LONG AS YOU ENDURE!
So tomorrow is a new day, and I have done a few things to help me learn from the mistakes of the past 2 weeks:
- Revisit my goal/desire to improve my health (diet wise)
- If one’s goals aren’t being accomplished it’s only fair to ask the question…. IS IT REALLY A GOAL?? And for me the answer is YES… it is still a goal to improve my health all around, and my diet (what I consume) is a HUGE part of that!
- Examine what has gotten in my way
- Number one interference for me has been stress… When things get hectic I eat!!! And I’m not reaching for the healthiest choices!
- Poor planning – Not making the extra effort to pre-package my food, or not having enough of the kinds of foods I should be eating on hand
- Junk in the trunk (ok… not in the trunk …. I just put that cuz it sounded cute.. lol) Junk within reach is the problem… buying and bringing home junk, stopping at gas stations/convenience stores etc. And snacking while driving
- Not drinking enough water – somehow I find consuming more water helpful!! It’s like the water reminds me I should be eating healthier choices (sounds a bit silly… BUT… it’s the truth)
- Eating past my nightly cut off… (9pm) Especially for a night owl like myself this one is SOOO tempting… but VERY dangerous
- Plan for avoiding
- Well I’m a busy lady… with a lot on the go, and the stress/pressure isn’t going anywhere, so I’ve got to brace myself for the times things get busy and PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. I have a journal for my daily eating, so I instead of just recording what I’ve eaten, I need to plan out what my meals for the day will be.
- I’m a fan of relaxation exercises, it could be as simple as stretches, deep breathing, meditating on scriptures… whatever it takes to CALM myself down. I am realizing more and more how important it is to make it a part of my daily routing, not just during the times I feel stressed. Making relaxation a part of one’s daily routine… ensures that there IS some relaxation in one’s daily routine
- No junk in da trunk!!!!! I will not purchase and bring home foods that will sabotage my goal of eating healthier!!
- NO EATING AFTER 9!!!!!
- What I will continue to do
- Continuing to write posts (this is a great form of accountability) because every now and again… someone reminds me that they are keeping up to date on the progress… lol
- Continue to use the food journal
- Continue working out (I love the feeling right after a great workout)
- Something new I will do this upcoming week
- Remind myself (all day everyday) of the fact that I have the strength/ability to make healthy choices
- Some form of relaxation at least 2 times a day – EVERYDAY
- Incorporate my meal plan in my daily food journal
Ok, so that’s the plan for the coming week. Now that I’ve come to the end of my post, I am actually feeling very empowered and encouraged to get back on the healthier eating wagon!!!!! Hope when you read this you’ll be encouraged to review an old or forgotten goal, and be inspired to pick it back up, and get going with accomplishing it!!